Still-life and Shiraz with Marie Mansfield
This two day oil painting workshop is for people who would like to improve their ‘still-life skills’ while gaining an understanding of tone which is a vital ingredient to bring a sense of realism, atmosphere and mood into your still-life work.
This class is designed for those wishing to refresh their skills, or beginners with some experience in oils.
Click here to learn more about our Guru, Marie Mansfield
STILL LIFE 2 DAY WORKSHOP
(Art Spectrum recommended)
- Melamine Palette (about A4-A3 size)
- Palette Knife (long with a flexible tip)
- Neef (brand) Long Flat Brushes in sizes 4 and 6 (or similar)
- 2 x Canvases approx 11" x 14” size
- Odourless solvent 100ml
- Jar for solvent with lid.
Marie’s recommended colour palette is:
- Titanium White or Zinc White
- Ivory Black
- Burnt Sienna
- Yellow Ochre
- Spectrum Vermillion or Cadmium Red
- Lemon Yellow
- Ultramarine Blue
- Alizarin Crimson or Permanent Rose
Optional: Other colours could include
- Cerulean Blue (Hue will do)
- Cadmium Yellow